Monday, September 14, 2009

Blog entry 3

Hitoshi Toyoda “Spoonfulriver”
I feel that showing here work only live is a great way to display it, He mention something that I felt was relevant it dealt with using projections to represent how cycle of life and how the are here for a second then they are gone. It was a great collation that enforced why he like to only show live. The photo taking where excellent that composition was smooth and the story line though still images worked well. Personally I love audio in time based art, but this was very different for me giving that is was a silent piece. I became one with the stillness suddenly the surrounding became part of the show. One part that stands out is the actually sky not the projection. In a few pictures the where they where night scene and the clouds had the off pink glare, the glare matched the actual could in the sky that night. It was a great experience,
I was content and very relaxed while observing. The lack of audio made me concentrate on the the actually footage this was a great piece. I enjoyed this piece very much it had very serious concepts life, death and also the everyday beauty. I believe that this was a representation of himself I say this because he is showing the beauty in small simple things, maybe this is a direct relation to himself. I define art for me at the personal level if I get this particular feeling and I start to observe art at the emotional level, thats when I consider art to be present. During Hitoshi Toyoda projection I felt this at the very first jpeg, each picture seemed perfect from dept to balance, emotional impact, story telling, radial composition. I will definitely research this artist and would like to see future work. Even with the relationship to the struggle in the little mermaid was a great way to show a relation similar but distinctive themes.
I would love to take some of his images and make a complete 3D environment, and have them animate as they would in reality. Emphasizing on the simplicity of are surrounding and nature beautiful. I cant wait to incorporated this ideal in my own maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment