Monday, September 14, 2009

Entry 1

Robert Boyd Conspiracy Theory

I really enjoyed this piece, until the segment about reptilians that ruined it for me. Overall I fill that it is powerful piece dealing political propagandas. I felt the the audio being played went well with the video. Matter of fact it was the audio the caught my first impression, it made me curios the what I was about to watch. I consider the audio to be one of the most under appreciated art forms especially when dealing with time based art.
I feel that the artist created this as a reflection on his opinion of life and how he views the world. Or it my just be just for show, so it my appeal to a certain audience. To better understand the root behind this piece I would need to find out more about Robert Boyd and his personal values.
There are several things I can take from this experience and try improve my own work. Such as the audio I must always remember how important this is. Audio can make or break a piece, I felt that in this case it work well. The film editing was done well also used to emphasize some of the key points . For a short film there where a lot of cuts, it was nice to see and hear how each scene went with the beat being played in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment