Pink Martini with the 234th Army Band
This was definitely a commercial event, but I didn't feel that out of place. I wish I had time to grab an elephant ear, they looked and smelled tasty. As I looked around it seemed they where a specific group there I feel that this my have been a tribute to Oregonian as a whole. I felt it was a good decision by TBA to incorporated it especially on the 150th anniversary of Oregon being a state. Don't get me wrong Oregon history isn't perfect, a lot of horrible, disgraceful have came out of this state. On the other hand a lot of great things have happened also. I feel it was a great event to show what good has came out of the state.
These sort of social practice have been around since the dawn of day. Large groups getting together for some sort of celebration. Partaking in food and drinks and enjoying the show and each other. Its just like going to an art gallery but some would consider this entertainment. Being a musician is a is a form of art. The art is in the music, and the entertainment is the gathering. I would consider a lot of entertainment as art especially video games from the programmer to the animators, sound engineers to be a form of art.
I really don't think that these commercial event will blur time based art. Art is art, the only thing that can really hinder time based art is those that loosely use the term. I would consider the musical a form of art. People go to these commercial event to get entertained, but at the root this is art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment