Monday, September 14, 2009

Blog entry 6

Brain Lund
Dance Sequence Drawings

Sorry but I did like these at all, reason being it seemed to be to chaotic, it was a graph of different dance sequences. I would of enjoyed it better if I could see the dance next to the drawings.
I could appreciate that a lot more. I may be out of place but I don't consider that art at all, so he seem a dance that he like and was so inspired that he wanted to graph it. I maybe missing the underlining point he was trying to make. Why where these dance sequences so important? Some of these pieces where untitled I'm curious on the point he was trying to make. I'm sorry but this was not that appealing to me, the only part that is interesting is the overall piece I have never seem or thought to diagram dances in this manner that itself could be revolutionary. I will give him credit because these pieces where complex and I could tell they took time. But if really look at it how accurate are these graph?Are they just representational dealing with his own personal or accurate to each specific dance move?
My first impression I though to myself what am I looking at, then I read the title. Ok a dance sequence, now I then look for some sort of flow to the graph that could of relate to dancing I didn't. After trying to make my own since of was difficult, and it was uneasy to look at things just became a jumbled mess. Sorry to be such a critic but this was structured chaos of someone else work, I can't truthfully consider this art.

No comments:

Post a Comment