Monday, September 14, 2009

Blog entry 7

Erik Friedlander

This is my favorite type of art when it is at a very intimate and personal level. In my opinion it adds a lot more to the work. That personal realism and have it express such emotion with sound I find that elegant and tranquil. Even when the particular theme my be melancholy in nature. My brother Chris who just receive his BFA from the UofO has a project in the brewing that deals with his own personal struggle the medium will iron hand crafted in chains framing of acrylic and other paints. It will also be abstract representational of his own person struggle. Like the work of Erik Friedlander that is favorite genres of art.
I try to have all the work that I do relate to me some how. At times it my be difficult, but always rewarding to create something that relates to me. I like the chance and the opportunity to think outside the box but have an underlining meaning that is personal. I also like to have the story line I create have some of truth is I where in this fantasy tale or living out the truth of life, amongst cultures. I love working with my own personal experiences. Thats I love working in the 3D realm and audio. Audio is such a powerful tool for artist you can add so much express. In my opinion self indulgent would be how Napoleon wanted himself to be displayed in self portraitists. If a particular artist would only make art that dealt with there own emotion, I don't consider that self indulgent.

No comments:

Post a Comment